1. All the Library users must be a member of VSSUT Library. They must bring their library cards before entering the library.
2. The users of the Central Library are advised to put their signature in the register while entering the library.
3. Library users are advised to keep their all personal belongings at the property counter except notebooks, pager, calculator, tablet while entering the library.
4. The Library user shall not engage in audible conversation in any part of the Library.
5. The user shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the Library.
6. A person responsible for any damage caused by him / her to the books or any other property belonging to the Library, shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon him/her by the Librarian.
7. Use of mobile phone in the Library is strictly prohibited.
8. The reader should check the books before borrowing to ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, found at the time of returning the books.
9. Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the Library are strictly prohibited and punishable offence.
10. Photography is not allowed.
11. Membership privileges of a user can be suspended on account of misbehaviour with the Library staff or for indecent manners.
12. B.Tech, MCA and 5 yrs. Integrated M.Sc & M.Sc.(two years) students can issue three (3) nos. of books and M.Tech, M.Phil students can issue (4) nos. of books for two weeks. The Research Scholars can issue 2 nos. of books for two weeks.
13. Faculty members can issue ten (10) nos. of books, out of which four nos. of books can be retained for one semester and six nos. of books can be retained for one month failure in which fine shall be collected as per Library rule. The staff of the university can issue two (2) nos. of books for one semester.
14. The overdue charges may be imposed @ 0.50 paisa per day per book.
15. The users are not allowed to reissue the same book which is returned on the same day.
Rules regarding recovery and replacement of books :
a. If the book is lost, the user has to replace with current edition of the book. Otherwise double of the purchased cost shall be levied.
b. If the rare books, out of print books or Journals are lost, then the user will be insisted to replace the same, otherwise 20 times of the purchase value of the same shall be recovered.